Two important things to note at the outset:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and MedNavigator and/or this Website.
- Through mobile and/or desktop applications or solutions you download and/or access from this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Website.
- Through your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline (other than as described above) or through any other means, including on any third-party website; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What Information We Collect and What We Do with It
Information Collected From Non-Registered Users
When you simply browse the MedNavigator Website, or otherwise interact with the Website, MedNavigator may automatically record certain information sent from a Registered and/or Non-Registered User’s browser, including the IP address from which you access our Website. For more information about our collection of Website access information, please see the section below titled “Log Information.”
In addition, online advertising and marketing networks with whom we partner may place anonymous Cookies (or similar technology) on a Registered and/or Non-Registered User’s device to deliver advertising and marketing materials tailored to your preferences or interests based on your online activities. For more information on Cookies, please see the section below titled Online Tracking, Cookies, and Ad Choices.
Registered Users: Creation of an Account and Submitting Personal Information
To use certain Services offered by MedNavigator, you must register and create an Account via our Website, or an Affiliated Website, and provide us with certain Personal Information and/or organizational information. The Personal Information we collect from Registered Users may include: your name, title, organization, address, phone number, company information, information regarding the employer you represent, an email address, and a password.
Information Not Collected on the MedNavigator Website
MedNavigator does not collect the following information from any users via the MedNavigator Website: your Social Security number; Individual Taxpayer Identification Number; driver’s license number; state-issued identification card number; or financial or credit account numbers, including credit card or debit card numbers.
Information Collected From Registered Users
By creating an Account, you authorize us to and we will disclose the Personal Information and other non-personal information you submit to us, to medical students, residents, providers and other healthcare professionals selected by you through the Services. You acknowledge and agree that MedNavigator is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage to any person arising from the use of any Personal Information you may provide.
Personal Information of Healthcare Professionals and Medical Students, Residents and Providers
MedNavigator maintains a database of healthcare professionals and medical students, residents and providers (“Candidates”). We may receive Candidates’ name, email address, physical address, and other professional information from (i) licensed databases such as DMD Marketing Corp. (DMD) or the American Medical Association Physician Professional Database (AMA PPD) and other similar databases which have obtained Candidates’ consent to share such information with us and; or (ii) through your direct consent given to MedNavigator or its Affiliates. We license the use of our database, in a limited format, to third parties so that they can search the database for professionally relevant reasons. Use of the database does not mean that we will give, sell, trade, or loan the actual information in the database (except as otherwise provided herein). Moreover, use of the database does not provide access to any contact information such as your email address or phone number. Rather, we may send you professionally relevant information on behalf of the third party. This will not result in your information being made available to the third party unless you take additional actions (e.g., responding to the e-mail, visiting the third party’s website, etc.). If you are a Candidate who takes additional actions with such third party, you understand that we have no control over and assume no responsibility for personal information you submit to such third party, and shall have no liability for any actions or inaction taken by such third party in connection therewith.
Online Tracking, Cookies, and Ad Choices
If you are concerned about cookies stored on your computer, we encourage you to follow your web browser’s guidance for deleting cookies after completing a browsing session. Opting out of targeted advertising and marketing will not prevent you from seeing ads entirely, but the ads will no longer be delivered to you via targeting methods. You can also control the receipt of Cookies through your browser’s settings. Please note that some of our services may not function properly if Cookies are disabled.
When you access our Website and/or your MedNavigator Account, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (collectively, “Usage Data”). We may combine Usage Data with Personal Information in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user, and may collect, use, preserve and disclose Usage Data in any manner that we may collect, use, preserve and disclose Personal Information as provided herein (whether Usage Data is combined with any Personal Information or otherwise).
Use, Disclosure, and Sharing of Personal Information
Once you have registered an Account, we may use and/or disclose your Personal Information to perform the Services and for other purposes, including the following:
- Provide you with access to MedNavigator Services;
- Contact you to gather more information related to our Services;
- To make improvements, customizations and/or other modifications to the Website and Services
- Invite you to MedNavigator events and/or events of our affiliated and unaffiliated partners, including, without limitation job fairs;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide updates regarding your Account and Services provided by MedNavigator;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any Services or other products we offer or provide through it; and
- For any other purpose with your consent, if required under applicable laws.
We may use and/or disclose aggregated, de-identified information about our users, and non-aggregated information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
MedNavigator will not distribute, sell, rent, transfer, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any third party, except as follows:
- If you are a Registered User, we may disclose your information to individuals in the database for purposes of providing the Services;
- To other third party owned employment related websites;
- To our subsidiaries and/or Affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by MedNavigator about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To business partners and suppliers as necessary to perform services on behalf of MedNavigator;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be injuring or interfering with MedNavigator’s rights or property, or otherwise harming any other individual by utilizing MedNavigator’s website or services;
- When you have consented to such disclosure; and
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
We also do not exercise control of other websites that may display information about MedNavigator and our Services, or direct how those other websites may collect, distribute, or otherwise use your Personal Information. Such websites may place their own Cookies or similar files on your computer, collect data, or solicit Personal Information from you. We do not guarantee the security of any information that you may disclose on other websites, and MedNavigator is not responsible or liable for those websites’ policies, actions, or content.
In order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services, we may collect and retain electronic messages, mail, and other communications that you send to MedNavigator or that you may send to other Registered Users, as well as the information contained therein or associated therewith, including without limitation, read receipts, user opens and click through rates.
Retention of Data
Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable laws, we may retain residual information about you, including in our backup files or database, particularly when such retention is required by law or is pursuant to legitimate business purposes. Except as otherwise required under applicable laws, including the GDPR if you are an EU data subject, you agree that we are under no obligation to delete or modify information that you have previously chosen to provide us. Please remember that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of that information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
Accessing, Controlling, Updating, and Deleting Data
When you use MedNavigator, we work to provide you the ability to access, review, correct, edit, or remove the Personal Information and related content that you have provided to us. You can do this by logging into MedNavigator and accessing your Account. You must identify yourself before we can process any request to access, review, correct, edit, or remove such information. Although most changes will occur immediately, some information may stay stored on your browser’s web cache. We take no responsibility and are not liable for information stored in your cache or on any other electronic devices through which you may access MedNavigator.
Choices for Personal Information
Opt-Out/Changing Your Account
You may unsubscribe or opt out of any of our email lists, electronic newsletters, bulletins, guides or marketing campaigns at any time by following the instructions included in such email or other communication, or by contacting our service team by phone at 800-776-8383 or emailing them at help@MedNavigator.com.
If you wish to change the status of your Account, you may so do by calling our service team by phone
at at 800-776-8383 or emailing them at email@example.com.