Thank you for using the MedNavigator, operated by PracticeLink, Ltd. (“PracticeLink”). Our website www.mednavigator.com (the “Website”) provides a comprehensive online database containing information related to healthcare providers, including without limitation students, residents, and practitioners, for use by healthcare organizations, medical practices, human resource providers and recruiting professionals in connection with the searching, recruiting and placement of healthcare professionals and medical providers (the “Services”).
“We”, “us”, “our”, and “MedNavigator” refer to PracticeLink, Ltd. the owner and operator of the Website and Services provided through the Website.
“Account(s)” refers to the account created and maintained by you to utilize the Services under your Subscription.
“Affiliate” means any business entity that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, Controls, is Controlled by, or is under common Control with PracticeLink, including as an Affiliate any business entity now or in the future that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, Controls, is Controlled by, or is under common Control with such Party. For purposes of this definition, “Control” means with respect to an entity, direct or indirect ownership or beneficial ownership of more than fifty percent (50%) of the voting power, equity capital, or other equity securities of such entity. “Controlled by” and “Controlling” shall have correlative meanings.
“Cookies” refer to small files, containing text or a string of characters, which identify the user of a website and are sent by the website to the user’s device for recordkeeping purposes.
“Non-Registered User(s)” refers to anyone who visits, views, browses and/or otherwise accesses the Website without registering an Account and/or subscribing to the Services.
“Personal Information” refers to the information collected from you via the Website, or an Affiliate Website, when registering an Account. This information may include: your name, title, employer, address, phone number, and email address. This information does not include nor will MedNavigator ask for: your Social Security Number; Individual Taxpayer Identification Number; driver’s license number or state-issued identification card number, or any financial or credit account numbers, including credit card or debit card numbers.
“Registered User(s)” refers to an individual who has, on behalf of themselves or their organization, subscribed to the Services by MedNavigator and created an Account.
“Subscription” means the Services you purchase under an Order Form.
“Technology” refers to the Website, and its entire contents, features and functionality, including but not limited to, the healthcare provider and/or medical professional database and analytics associated with such information and database, and all other information, algorithms, software, source code and object code, hardware, databases, data, digital newsletters, magazines, guides and articles, underlying information, text, displays, user interfaces, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof.
- Use of the Services
- Subscription and Renewals
- During any Subscription Period you will also be charged a transactional fee for every individual identified and selected by you (the “Candidate”) and contacted through the Service by MedNavigator on your behalf (“Candidate Fee”). For purposes of clarification, no email address, phone number, physical address or other contact information of a Candidate will be provided to or accessible by you through the Website or Services. The current Candidate Fee is $_________ per contact, regardless of whether that individual has been previously selected by you and contacted. The Candidate Fee is non-refundable except to the extent MedNavigator receives an undeliverable, bounce-back or other communication failure receipt, message or notice for such Candidate (collectively, “Communication Failures”). Refunds for each Communication Failure will be issued to the original form of payment or deposit account.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, all purchases are final and nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods, except if the laws applicable in your jurisdiction provide for refunds.
- You may cancel your Subscription at any time, but your cancellation will be effective at the end of the current annual subscription period. This means your subscription will continue for the remainder of that period and you will not receive a refund. You may cancel or renew your subscription by logging into your Account and following the instructions or by contacting [Insert Email Address].
- We accept through our third-party payment processor, the following methods of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Payment is due in full for all subscriptions purchased online via credit or debit card. Payment must be completed with a valid credit or debit card. By submitting your payment information to us, or through a third party provider acting our behalf, you authorize us to charge the full amount due on your credit or debit card.
- You warrant that you have the necessary rights to use your or your company’s credit and/or debit card and that you are fully authorized to use it to pay for the Subscription Fee and Candidate Fees. You also warrant that this card gives access to sufficient funds corresponding to the amount of the Subscription and Candidate Fees. Failing this, Company reserves the right to cancel your Subscription or order for Candidates.
- MedNavigator uses a secure payment method. Consequently, it cannot be held liable for any fraudulent or improper use of your means of payment, over which we have no control. The credit card details provided when the Subscription or Order is placed are protected, and will be sent through a third-party credit or debit card processing company directly to the bank responsible for managing the payments. We retain none of your credit or debit card account information. Payments are made through a secure server with SSL encryption, in order to guarantee complete transaction security.
- Any Personal Information and/or organizational information submitted by you is accurate, and that any such information that you submit to us will be updated to remain truthful, complete and accurate;
- MedNavigator may, but is not obligated to, verify your Account, and information provided therein, as necessary;
- Your access to and use of the Website does not and shall not violate any applicable laws of the United States or your local jurisdiction, and that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those concerning data privacy and protection, consumer protection, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance;
- You will use the Website in a respectful manner;
- That you are at least 18 years of age or older;
- MedNavigator can contact you, via e-mail or otherwise, regarding your Account; your experience with our Website or Services; our, or our Affiliates’, sponsored programs, seminars, and career fairs, or for any reason related to your use of the Website and Services;
- MedNavigator may disclose your contact information to our Affiliates and business partners who may provide goods and services of interest to you, and such Affiliates and business partners may contact you via email regarding such goods and services; and
- MedNavigator may disclose your contact information to medical professionals, students, residents and other healthcare providers identified as prospects by you.
- Account Credentials. You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of your unique login and password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your login and password or other credentials for your Account and any other suspected breach of security regarding the Website. If you discover or believe that your Profile has been accessed or used without your authorization, please contact us at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS] MedNavigator is not liable for and you hereby release us from any liability for any loss or damage arising from the unauthorized use of your login, password and credentials. You are responsible for all activity on and use of your Account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity without our prior written consent.
- Equipment. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Website or Services and for having all the equipment necessary to do so, even if that means you incur fees from a third party (such as an Internet Service Provider), including telephone, equipment, airtime, or Internet Service Provider charges.
- Covenants. If you are submitting information for a business entity, by doing so, you represent that you have the authority to bind that business entity to the Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that you, and your organization, are responsible for compliance, and will comply with all applicable privacy, employment and other laws in connection with any contact, communications, engagement or employment or contract relationship you establish with any healthcare professional or medical provider located through the Services (such as applicable payroll, tax and minimum wage laws).
- Limitation of Our Services. The purpose of the Website is to provide the Services. We do not make assessments, reviews or endorsements of any healthcare professional or other medical provider included in the Services. We will not make any statements or guarantees of any kind about potential employers or individuals. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the conduct, whether online or offline, of users of the Website, and shall have no liability for any actions or inaction taken in connection therewith.
WE DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, TIMING, OR LEGALITY OF THE SERVICES ACTUALLY DELIVERED BY ANY INDIVIDUALS, NOR OF THE INTEGRITY, RESPONSIBILITY OR ACTIONS OF SUCH INDIVIDUALS. WE DO NOT REFER, ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND EITHER EMPLOYERS OR POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES NOR DO WE MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, OR QUALITY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OR THE INTEGRITY, RESPONSIBILITY OR ACTIONS OF EMPLOYERS OR INDIVIDUALS WHETHER IN PUBLIC, PRIVATE OR OFFLINE INTERACTIONS.
- Use the Services to locate and/or contact any healthcare professional, medical provider or other individual included in the Services, through means, other the Website;
- Access or attempt to access the Technology by any means other than through the MedNavigator user interface;
- Attempt to circumvent or overcome any protection measures intended to restrict access to any portion of the Website or Technology;
- Monitor the availability, performance, or functionality of the Technology;
- Use the Technology for the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- Use the Technology in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Trade Practices Act, and the U.S. Export Administration Act), or (except with our consent) in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it;
- Use the Technology to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation;
- Use the Technology to impersonate or attempt to impersonate MedNavigator, a MedNavigator employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- Use the Technology to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm MedNavigator or users of the Website or expose them to liability;
- Interfere with the operation or hosting of the Website or Technology, including but not limited to violating or attempting to violate any security feature, place malware or similar harmful code into the Website or Technology, or link to websites or other applications that contain malware or similar harmful code;
- Overload, overwhelm, or carry out a denial-of-service attack on, or otherwise prohibit the proper function of, the Website or Technology;
- Interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, submitting to the Website a virus, Trojan horse, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, overloading the Website, or “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing” the Website;
- Introduce software, automated agents, or scripts to the Website or Technology so as to produce multiple accounts; generate automated searches, requests, or queries; or access, collect, intercept, strip, scrape, or mine information or data from, or in transit to or from, the Website, including any software that reads areas of RAM or streams of network traffic, unless specifically authorized by MedNavigator;
- Systematically retrieve data or other information from the Website to create or compile a collection, compilation, database, or directory, whether by manual methods, web robots, or otherwise, unless specifically authorized by MedNavigator;
- Use reverse looking-up, tracing or seeking to trace any information on any healthcare provider, medical professional, or any other prospect or candidate provided through the Services, any other user of or visitor to the Website or any other customer of MedNavigator, including any Account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Website or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any manner in which the purpose is to reveal or misuse any information, including but not limited, to Personal Information, other than your own information, as provided by the Website.
- License, sublicense, sell, rent, convey, pledge as security, lend, loan, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, or distribute to a third party the Website, Technology, or your rights to either, or otherwise encumber the rights and licenses granted hereunder;
- Copy, record, republish, download, display, post, save, disclose, modify, store, co-brand, alter, or transmit in any form or by any means any part of the Website or Technology, or create compilations or derivative works of the Website or Technology or any part thereof;
- Dissemble, decompile, reverse-compile, translate, adapt, reverse-engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any part of the Website, or Technology or its method of operation;
- Access the Website or Technology in order to build similar or competitive websites, platforms, or services; or
- Use, display, mirror, or frame any part of the Website or Technology, including archives, layout, design, or proprietary information contained therein or on any related webpage or form without our express written consent.
- Intellectual Property and Proprietary Rights
The Technology is owned by MedNavigator and is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
MedNavigator hereby grants you a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and use the Technology, and the software embodied in the Technology solely for your internal business use of seeking candidates or prospects for employment. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- To the extent we link to social media networks in connection with the Website, e.g., Facebook, Google +, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media networks, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this Website.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- Copyright Policy. MedNavigator respects the copyrights of third parties. You may not use the Website or Services to post, modify, distribute, or reproduce any copyrighted works without authorization or to otherwise infringe the copyrights of a third party. It is our policy to terminate the Accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others upon receipt of proper notification by the copyright owner or its legal agent. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been posted or used on the Website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Our Copyright Agent (defined below) with written notice containing the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work (or in the case of multiple works, a representative list of such works) claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, and the location of that material; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that allegedly is infringed. Our “Copyright Agent” for notice of claims of copyright infringement may be reached by mail at: [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR MAILING ADDRESS].
- Use Outside the Borders of the United States
Using our Website and Services in other locations other than the United States may not be appropriate given foreign laws and regulations. If you use our Website or Services outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with those foreign laws and regulations. We reserve the rights to limit the availability of the Website and Services to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction it so desires at any time in our sole discretion and to limit the quantities of any such Service that we provide.
- Links from the Website
The Website may contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience only. These links include links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. The use of links to third party websites does not constitute or imply any affiliation with any of the third party websites or the owners thereof, and we do not endorse any such websites. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
- Interruption of Our Services
- Reliance on Information Posted.
The information presented on or through the Website and/or Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website and the Services may include content provided by third parties, including certain personal information of medical professionals and healthcare providers. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
- Termination or Deletion of Account.
- Termination by You. If at any time you determine you no longer require our Services and wish to change the status your Account, please contact any member of our team at ([INSERT PHONE NUMBER] or email us at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS] If you choose to deactivate your Account, we will deactivate your Account and login information. Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable laws, following deactivation of your Account, we may, however, retain an archived copy of your Personal Information, and/or organizational information for our records and internal business purposes, but will not publicly display or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MEDNAVIGATOR, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF EVEN IF MDNAVIGATOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. MEDNAVIGATOR IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGE, HARM, INJURY OR CLAIM THAT ARISES FROM YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ACQUIRED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICE. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF THE GOODS OR SERVICES OF MEDNAVIGATOR OR OF ANY THIRD PARTY. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO MAY USE OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT THEREIN, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE ACQUIRED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY, IF ANY, IS FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH SERVICES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH MANUFACTURER’S OR SUPPLIER’S WARRANTY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW RESTRICTS THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF DAMAGES THAT THE LAW RESTRICTS OUR LIABILITY TO (IF SUCH A MINIMUM EXISTS).
In all instances, we retain the right to participate, at our own expense, in the defense of any such matters. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any such indemnified matter upon becoming aware of it. We may elect to settle any indemnified matter and you will be liable for those damages as if we had proceeded to trial. These provisions survive the cancellation, expiration, suspension, or termination of your access to and use of our Website or Services.
- Data Breach. While we employ security measures to maintain data security, data breaches can occasionally happen, even to the most secure of systems. In the event of such a situation, MedNavigator will, in compliance with any applicable federal and state data breach laws, endeavor to timely notify all users whose Personal Information MedNavigator knows or has irrefutable reason to believe was accessed by an unauthorized person.
- Force Majeure. You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that MedNavigator may otherwise be responsible for if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, failure or shortage of infrastructure, or shortage of materials.
- Arbitration. Any and all disputes arising from your use of the Website or Services (including disputes regarding the interpretation and scope of this clause, or even whether this dispute has to be arbitrated at all) will exclusively be settled through binding and confidential arbitration. Arbitration will be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act instead of state arbitration law. The arbitration will be conducted by a panel consisting of a single commercial arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), and will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and, if the arbitrator so decides, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes.